The first two virtual community planning meetings were held on Saturday, August 15, 2020. We had representatives from the Konocti Junior Tennis League, the Kelseyville and Clearlake high school tennis teams, seniors and families as wells as tennis and pickleball players.
These meeting were the first in a series that will guide the development of a conceptual plan to be used in our grant application to the State Park and Recreation Department under the Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Program.
The group discussion revolved around what type of recreational features and amenities the community would like to see included in plan. The consensus of the participants was:
- 5 tennis courts – allow tennis teams to play all matches at the same time.
- 2-3 pickleball courts. Separate pickleball courts from tennis court is preferable. Overlay pickleball courts over tennis courts if necessary.
- Bleacher for spectators and tennis teams
- Shade over sitting areas, benches, bleachers, etc
- Court Lighting
- Gathering areas where after tournament events could be held with possible b-b-que facilities, table seating, and cleanup facilities.
- Fencing between courts where possible
Thanks to all that participated.
Our next meetings will be held on August 29, 2020 at 9:00 am and 6:30 pm. These two meetings will involve discussion about where the various recreational features and amenities should be located on the project site.
If you would like to participate in future meetings please register by clicking on the “Community Planning Meetings Registration” button on the Home page.
Lake County Tennis Association